There's a tradition to play with most popular toys rather than one which was designed to be small and less expensive. As a kid, what would you like to steal in a kindergarten: a Spider-Man toy or a small spider miniature?
Leaving aside these arguments, let's move on to the real-valued part. I wrote this script which I think, has the following featured jobs:
- Configures Nginx for performance and static file caching as well as gzipping the output.
- Installs and PHP-FPM as well as PHP-APC for Opcode Caching
- Optimizes MySQL for caching queries, while being light on resources.
- Facilitates interactive virtual hosts creation with dedicated PHP-FPM pool for each user so that each PHP process runs as the owner. This eliminates the need to install FTP server for updating Wordpress or installing plugins. Since, PHP runs as the user owning the script, "wp-config" can be set to very strict permissions like 700.
There's even more...
- Virtual hosts generation script also has the ability to create MySQL user and database as well as allowing user to import SQL file onto the newly created database for easy migration.
- PHPMyAdmin installer is also built-in which allows PHPMyAdmin to be installed on specified domain or sub-domain.
- This script uses unix sockets instead of TCP which promises some more improvement and lowers TCP overhead within the system.
- I have implemented some security practices like "cgi.fixpath_info=0".
wget https://raw.github.com/aatishnn/lempstack/master/lemp-debian.sh chmod +x lemp-debian.sh ./lemp-debian.shThis script works for me but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you too. I am not a Bash expert. Please add some regexp to your brain to ignore my scripting laziness. This is designed to work with Debian and Ubuntu. You may freely use it to suit your needs under the condition that you will thank me. I would be glad if you can share something about this script, test it, debug it or just scold, rebuke or criticize.